Discussion

Broncos, Tebow stun fans and athletes

Updated: January 9, 2012, 6:20 AM ET

The majority of SportsNation voted that the Steelers would defeat the Broncos. Instead, Tim Tebow threw for 316 yards and 2 touchdowns and rushed for another TD. Along the way, he made some people into believers (at least in Tebow).

Fans react

TJW_gatorbucfan416: Superman just bought him some brandnew Tebow pajamas!!!

Necifix: I started screaming and Tebowing. He is the greatest quarterback to ever live. I don't care if none of the stats prove that, somehow, he is the greatest. He will win the Superbowl.

BucSox79: If everyone thinks this is something, just imagine if they manage to beat the Pats next week. I dont pray much, but ill be praying for a miracle in Foxboro for the Broncos next week. To see the look on Bellichick's face after losing to Tebow and Broncos would be absolutely priceless.

klacy7544: 3 total TD's against a top D is amazing. Tebow as a starter is 8-3. PERIOD!!!!!

Splackwell: Well, I am man enough to admit that I was wrong. The kid had a pretty damn good game. So for today. Tebow > me

SweetGeorgiaBarbequeSauce: The pass itself was not neccesarily a bomb, but it was placed perfectly.

Athlete and media response on Twitter

Damien Woody (@damienwoody) R......U.....KIDDING.....ME!!!!!!!

Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) They FINALLY LET HIM THROW A FIRST-DOWN PASS! For 10 weeks I've been begging for JUST ONE, when unexpected. UNLEASH! Hate THAT!

Caleb Campbell (@caleb_campbell) Haha I love that all the tebow haters are going have to hear his name for another week.

Jeremiah Trotter (@JTrotter_54) #overtime is #Tebow time

Jamaal Charles (@jcharles25) The only thing I can say is Wowwwww good job DEN

Chimdi Chekwa (@ChimChek) I have all the respect in the world for Tim Tebow. Be who u are and excel at it regardless of what the experts and/or haters say!

Dez Bryant (@DezBryant 17s) I wonder how all the people who criticize Tebow feel? #stupid lol

Editor's note: Grammar in the tweets remains as originally tweeted.

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?

ESPN TOP HEADLINES

MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM