>

Jocks to GIs: Curt Schilling

See previous e-mail between Curt Schilling and Staff Sergeant Aaron Taylor:
April 2-3 | April 4 | April 4-5 | April 5-13

Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 10:32 PM
To: Curt Schilling
Subject: I made it home!

Curt

I am happy to report that I made it home safe and soundly!

I returned back Thursday night, signed into my squadron, and now have 2 weeks off. I may, and probably will, take another 2 weeks leave, call it a month before I go back into the swing of things, as I'm sure you could imagine.

First off, I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send messages to just another GI. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.

No matter what kind of a day that I would have, whenever I would receive a message from you, my day instantly became a Great day!

It was amazing to me to walk around the camp, and realize that I had just read a message from Curt Schilling to me!

Since our first "introduction", I went and re-read your "Letter to America", and I felt that those words you spoke at that time really ring true to this day.

The War on Terrorism still goes on, as well the Baseball season, as well as it should.

You work at being a Professional Baseball player, we work as Professional Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen. We do what we do as volunteers, we were called to a service.

Our President of the United States did not back down when we got sucker punched. We answered the call and struck back. As you stated, "Did they mess with the wrong country", they sure did.

And now that Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Iraqi Freedom continue on, major fighting over, people are Liberated, people are Free.

We as Military members look to you Athletes to see how our teams did back at home. It gives us a sense of feeling at home, something we turn to.

It's always great to have bragging rights even when we are on the other side of the planet!

I don't exactly know how I can show my appreciation to you, except in the small fact that I did have a flag flown over Iraq during a combat mission for you and your family.

I laughed to myself that it seemed that we actually had some things in common between our families and us.

Mr. Schilling, you have made serving the United States in the Middle East so much better for this GI here in the Air Force, I am indebted to you.

So until I can walk up and look you in the eye and say Thank You for all of your Support, I will say until next time.

Thank you Mr. Schilling.........for everything!

Very Respectfully

Aaron M. Taylor, SSgt, USAF
405th Expeditionary Communications Squadron
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Iraqi Freedom
"You Can Talk About Us, But Not Without Us"

Sent: Monday, May 5, 2003 9:41 AM
To: Taylor Aaron SSgt 405 ECS
Subject: RE: Good Win

[From SSgt. Aaron Taylor]
:: Greetings! I just finished reading up on the game from
:: yesterday, wild one to say the least huh???

Unreal, combined Russ Ortiz and I threw 213 pitches in the first five innings, 4 hour plus game, ridiculous.

:: I see that the skipper got tossed again, man that's
:: a tough one.

3rd hitter of the game no less.

:: But I see that he stepped in there, to keep you from
:: getting thrown ... now there's a good boss, looking
:: out for the troops!

Agreed.

:: It's unfortunate that you didn't get the decision, but
:: hey, it's a team game with a team win, right?

Us winning was the only reason I got 3+ hours of sleep, if we had lost that one it would have been tough. We battled back nicely.

:: I'm happy to see that Spivey knocked another one out.

All those early season panic button pushers are getting back on his band wagon. Junior is crushing the ball, 3 more hits yesterday, 7-9 off Maddux lifetime.

:: Looks as if overall it wasn't too bad of an outing
:: though, plenty of hits, getting the RBIs when needed,
:: that's what will win the games, right?

:: On other news, around here, things have started to
:: lighten up quite a bit. We have people packing out,
:: sending more troops back home, which is a great
:: feeling! Then I won't have to live in a tent anymore.

:: We should be leaving here in about 2 and half weeks
:: or so, hopefully those plans won't change.

:: Looking forward to talking to you again, I hope that
:: you're feeling back to old self again!

:: Great Job, Keep up the Outstanding Work that you
:: guys do!

:: Take Care

:: God Bless

God Bless you too. Wow 2.5 weeks, man that's great news to hear!

Talk soon!

Curt

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 5:48 AM
Subject: RE: Get Well Soon!

Sorry I haven't written but I had to run through hoops just to get my pc internet access from the hospital, couldn't get this mac online. I'm fine, little sore but fine. I sincerely appreciate the thoughts and prayers and once I get settled in here I'll go back over your last two letters and answer your questions. Hope to be back on the mound Monday against the Fish here in Phoenix. Only good thing about this surgery is that I get to be home with the wife and kids for 5 extra days, and can watch the games on TV. During the school year I don't see my two oldest right now, they leave for school at 7:30 and get home at 2:30, I leave for the park at 1pm and get home sometime around 11:30 to midnight, so we only get weekends really. Much needed dad time for the next few days.

Hope all is well, I'll write back soon

God Bless

Curt

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 12:08 AM
To: Curt Schilling
Subject: Get Well Soon!

Curt

Hey, I hope that you're feeling better. I just saw on the internet that you may have been released from the hospital on Sunday.

So I pray that everything went alright, I also saw that your wife was headed out that way, I'm sure that she's worried as well, especially with you being on the road.

My family's thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you and your family!

Hang in there and take it easy, plenty of rest for you!

Talk to you later

God Bless

Aaron
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Operation Enduring Freedom

Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 11:28 PM
Subject: RE: Outstanding!

[From SSgt. Aaron Taylor]
:: I just saw the score and the stats to the game, Outstanding!!!
:: Complete game, 10 Ks, 0 walks, and retiring 19 in a row,
:: doesn't get much better than that does it?

Not much, except for the 9th inning homer, which is a category I seem to be leading all active pitchers in, it went great.

:: I am very excited about this win, 2 in a row now....that's
:: a start right? I see with the score and everything, that the
:: batting, fielding, everything came together for the game.

Great game, our offense got started early and often, and our defense, as usual, was exceptional. Nice to put two in a row together. We need to work on winning one series at a time now.

:: Now it's on to the Cards huh? Well, I say put them away
:: in St Louis just as well!

Lost tonight 6-3. Woody Williams was dominant tonight, seems he's been lights out since he came to St Louis. What a great baseball city this place is, awesome fans, great ballpark. Looks like BK is a go tomorrow, need him to keep pitching as well as he has been and our offense to get on track. We were shut out tonight until the 9th, when Fins hit a 3 run homer.

:: I need to run right now, I just got into work, and have a ton
:: to catch up on. Today is my first day back from our little trip.

:: Take Care, again, it's great to see the win, and also by such a margin!

:: God Bless

Hey, take care of yourself, write when you can and I'm looking forward to you all coming home, can't wait to get you to a game and finally meet you.

God Bless

Curt