Source: Bears, Sanzenbacher agree
The Chicago Bears continued to build their class of undrafted rookie free agents Tuesday, agreeing to a deal with Ohio State receiver Dane Sanzenbacher, according to a source familiar with the situation.
Sanzenbacher was a first-team All-Big Ten selection in 2010 after leading the conference in receiving yards (948) and touchdown catches (11).
The team announced it has agreed to terms with:
- Kris Adams, WR, UTEP
- Kyle Adams, Purdue, TE
- Mario Addison, DE, Troy
- Tanner Antle, LB, Tulsa
- Tressor Baptiste, Texas A&M, LB
- JC Brignone, Mississippi State, C
- Antareis Bryan, Baylor, CB
- Corbin Bryant, Northwestern, DL
- Travis Cobb, Arizona, WR
- Josh Davis, Georgia, T
- Dom DeCicco, LB, Pittsburgh
- Ricky Henry, Nebraska, G
- Mike Holmes, Syracuse, CB
- Robert Hughes, Notre Dame, RB
- Ryan Jones, NW Missouri State, CB
- Spencer Lanning, P, South Carolina
- Alex Linnenkohl, Oregon State, C
- Jordan Miller, Southern, DT
- Deron Minor, McNeese State, LB
- Sean Murnane, Central Michigan, DT
- Dane Sanzenbacker, WR, Ohio State
- Andre Smith, Virginia Tech, TE
- Winston Venable, Boise State, S
- Trevor Vittatoe, QB, UTEP
- Anthony Walters, Delaware, S
- Jimmy Young, TCU, WR
Teams were able to start signing rookies Tuesday at 9 a.m. CT.
DeCicco (6-foot-3, 232 pounds) split time as a senior at Pittsburgh playing strong safety and weakside linebacker, and led the Panthers with 94 tackles (67 solos), and five interceptions.
A former teammate of Bears second-round pick Stephen Paea and former three-year starter for the Beavers, Linnenkohl (6-foot-3, 303 pounds) was named All-Pac 10 as a senior, but missed the final portion of the season because of a severely sprained ankle.
Smith (6-foot-5, 259 pounds) developed a reputation as a strong blocker at Virginia Tech, where he also caught 20 passes for 195 yards and five touchdowns as a senior.
Michael C. Wright covers the Bears for ESPNChicago.com and ESPN 1000.