Contest Rules: Monster Jam
2013 ADVANCED AUTO PARTS MONSTER JAM AT ALLSTATE ARENA SWEEPSTAKES:
I. ADVANCED AUTOPARTS.
Advance Auto Parts and WMVP (AM), and its licensee Sports Radio Chicago, LLC ("ESPN 1000") (Hereinafter collectively referred to as "Sponsor").
Entrants must be 21 years of age or older and must be legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin or Michigan at time of entry.
Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for the Sponsors, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the sweepstakes or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or play. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
III. HOW AND WHEN TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
First Method of Entry
- Register to win at www.ESPNChicago.com and complete Official Entry form with name, complete address, including zip code, phone number, email address. Limit one (1) entry per person/per email. All eligible entries as accepted via ESPNChicago.com must be received by 11:59 PM CT February 1, 2013 to be eligible.
- Sponsor is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web-site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over an electronic entry, prize will be awarded to the owner of the e-mail account, not the name on the entry form.
Second Method of Entry
- Opportunities to qualify will be conducted on-air weekdays between January 16, 2013 to Thursday, January 31, 2013 (Monday through Friday) on ESPN 1000. Methods of entry may include, but are not limited to: call-in, electronic mail and/or texting. Opportunities to enter via these methods will be announced during the same period.
- Only calls to the specified phone number can win. Sponsor is not responsible for inability of caller to complete call within specified time, whether due to busy lines, disconnections, telephone malfunctions or other circumstances.
Third Method of entry:
- During the Sweepstakes Period, send a text message with the word "Monster" from your handset addressed to 3ESPN (33776) to qualify. Once you send the text message, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 PM CT on Thursday, January 31st. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Each individual is allowed to enter up to one per person/per household via text message. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated. If you send your entry via the web site, prize will be awarded to the name provided in the entry. Standard text messaging fees apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
- By entering via text you grant Sponsor your consent to call your cell phone should you be selected as a potential winner.
IV. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED AND NOTIFIED
Eight (8) winners will each receive a pair of tickets of tickets to Saturday, February 9th, 2013 Monster Jam at All State Arena. One (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected on or about Friday, February 1, 2013 from all eligible entries accepted as outlined above. Once a grand prize winner has been selected, a member of the ESPN 1000 Promotions team will contact winner via phone number listed on entry form, and winner will have until 11:59AM CT, February 1, 2013 to claim their prize.
In the event any winner is deemed ineligible, fails to comply with sweepstakes procedures, or is not available to claim prize during specified dates, then an alternate winner will be selected at random, time permitting.
People who have won any other prizes on station within 90 days of entry are not eligible to enter this sweepstakes.
Odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received via each entry method.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive: Four VIP seats for you and three guests for Monster Jam on February 10, 2013 and exclusive, private behind-the-scenes pit tour at Monster Jam. Approximate Retail Value: $200
Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. Winners are not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, but Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Prize is subject to availability. Sponsor is not responsible for cancellation or preemption of show/contest/event/meeting or for other circumstances that make it impractical or impossible to fulfill this element of the prize. If it becomes impractical or impossible to fulfill this element, Sponsor's only obligation will be to provide the remainder, if any, of the prize.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Judges and the sweepstakes administrator, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this sweepstakes and accepting any prize that they may win, entrants agree to release Sponsors their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize.
Entrants authorize the Released Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
By submitting entry materials, entrants certify that such materials are original and created by entrant, that entrants have the necessary rights, permission and authority to submit such materials, and, if applicable, that entrants maintain a valid copyright in the materials. Entrants acknowledge that such materials may be included and/or discussed in a broadcast, that such discussion may include statements or opinions by the broadcast talent or others about the entrants, the entrants' appearances and/or the materials, and that those statements and opinions may be considered surprising, humiliating, embarrassing, derogatory, defamatory or otherwise offensive or injurious to them, Sponsor's employees, its studio or at-home audience and/or other third parties. Entrants release the Released Parties from any actions, claims, injury, loss or damage allegedly caused, directly or indirectly, by any such statements or opinions made during a broadcast.
To claim prize, (a) winner must provide proof of age, identity and residency and, (b) winner must sign and return affidavit of eligibility/compliance with rules, publicity/liability release and indemnification.
VII. MISCELLANEOUS; WINNERS' LIST
Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the contest in the event of tampering or other circumstances, including but not limited to acts of God or civil disturbance that render it impractical or impossible to complete or fulfill the contest as originally planned.
For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 190 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60601 within 60 days after sweepstakes end date.