Shontrelle Johnson injures knee
Cyclones coach Paul Rhoads says Johnson injured his right knee making a cut during practice on Saturday. Rhoads says Johnson likely will have surgery in January.
Johnson started six games this season. He leads Iowa State (6-6) with 504 yards rushing.
Iowa State likely will start James White against Tulsa (10-3). White rushed for 469 yards on 5.3 yards per carry this season.
Johnson's injury also could open up more playing time for backup Jeff Woody.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Iowa State Cyclones Cardinal #52 Football Game Jersey