Ty Montgomery wins Jet Award
OMAHA, Neb. -- Ty Montgomery of Stanford has been named winner of the Jet Award as the top return specialist in college football.
Montgomery averaged 31 yards on kickoff returns and ran back two for touchdowns. The junior averaged 161 all-purpose yards, and was named All-Pac-12 first team as a return man and second team as a receiver.
The Jet Award is named in honor of Nebraska 1972 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers. The winner is selected by Rodgers and a panel of media members who cover college football.
Montgomery will be honored at a banquet in Omaha on April 10.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Stanford Cardinal #8 Cardinal Football Game Jersey