E. Carolina dismisses Danny Webster
GREENVILLE, N.C. -- East Carolina has kicked receiver Danny Webster off the football team.
Coach Ruffin McNeill announced the move Thursday.
Webster was arrested earlier this month on a DWI charge and had been suspended twice since 2012 for violating separate undisclosed team rules.
Those suspensions kept him out of the 2012 opener and the final eight games of last season.
McNeill says because of Webster's history, "we really do not have any other option than to dismiss him from the team."
Webster caught 95 passes for 894 yards in 28 games since 2011.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings East Carolina Pirates Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football