Leroy Scott, Chet Moss dismissed
New Texas Longhorns coach Charlie Strong dismissed two players from his program Sunday.
Scott showed promise as a junior, playing in all 13 games last season and recording three fumble recoveries and 2.5 tackles for loss, and was named the team's co-special teams player of the year.
He had played in 38 career games, on defense and special teams, in three years and was expected to compete for an increased role in Texas' secondary this fall.
Moss, a junior last season, had been suspended for one game in 2013 and missed two others with a season-ending injury. He appeared in 27 games in his career, mostly as a reserve on special teams, and started one game.
They are the first two players to leave the Texas program since Strong was hired in January.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #1 Football Game Jersey