Baylor WR arrested on drug charge
WACO, Texas -- Baylor University sophomore wide receiver Robbie Rhodes reportedly is free on bond after his arrest on marijuana possession and evidence tampering charges.
Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton told the Waco Tribune-Herald that an officer stopped Rhodes about 4 a.m. Friday for changing lanes without a signal on Spur 2 on the edge of downtown. Swanton said the officer smelled marijuana when he approached the driver's side window and found almost 6 grams of marijuana in a plastic bag under the front seat.
Swanton said the tampering charge arose from Rhodes trying to hide the drugs.
Coach Art Briles told the newspaper he would address the situation but had no other comment.
Rhodes made 10 catches for 157 yards as a freshman.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Baylor Bears 'baylor Nation' Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic Bound Green T-shirt