Max Wittek unlikely to join Longhorns
An off-the-field circumstance could possibly lead to a delay in Wittek's graduation and gaining immediate eligibility, another source said.
The Austin American-Statesman reported earlier Wednesday that Texas was "backing away from offering Max Wittek for undisclosed reasons."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Texas A&M Aggies Mini Authentic Football Helmet