Bobby Petrino's son arrested in Indiana
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino says the arrest of his son on DWI and drug charges is a family and legal matter and doesn't concern the Razorback football team.
Police in the southern Indiana city of Huntingburg said 23-year-old Dominic R. Petrino of Fayetteville was arrested at 12:06 a.m. Monday. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, illegal possession of prescription drugs and possession of paraphernalia.
The coach said in a message to The Associated Press that he and his wife won't comment further about the incident.
A police report says the younger Petrino was stopped after weaving off a roadway. Police say a blood test showed the presence of marijuana and prescription opiates. He was released on $1,000 bond later Monday.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks 2014 Football Schedule Cardinal T-Shirt