Bobby Petrino's son arrested in Indiana
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino says the arrest of his son on DWI and drug charges is a family and legal matter and doesn't concern the Razorback football team.
Police in the southern Indiana city of Huntingburg said 23-year-old Dominic R. Petrino of Fayetteville was arrested at 12:06 a.m. Monday. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, illegal possession of prescription drugs and possession of paraphernalia.
The coach said in a message to The Associated Press that he and his wife won't comment further about the incident.
A police report says the younger Petrino was stopped after weaving off a roadway. Police say a blood test showed the presence of marijuana and prescription opiates. He was released on $1,000 bond later Monday.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Northwest Missouri St. wins fourth D-II title
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Youth Arkansas Razorbacks Black Storm T-Shirt