Ahman Green joins Big Ten Network
The Big Ten Network has hired the 34-year-old Green as a sideline analyst for selected games this fall. His first assignment for BTN is Nebraska's Sept. 3 opener against Tennessee-Chattanooga.
Green said his role would be to offer his opinion on strategies and other coaching decisions as well as other in-game issues. He also is doing some volunteer high school coaching this fall in Green Bay.
The Packers' all-time leading rusher played last season in the UFL for his hometown Omaha Nighthawks. He said he hopes to sign a one-day contract with the Packers soon so he can retire as a member of the franchise.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- N'western players set for historic union vote
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Plan would give big conferences more say
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Nebraska Cornhuskers Blackshirts T-Shirt