Ahman Green joins Big Ten Network
The Big Ten Network has hired the 34-year-old Green as a sideline analyst for selected games this fall. His first assignment for BTN is Nebraska's Sept. 3 opener against Tennessee-Chattanooga.
Green said his role would be to offer his opinion on strategies and other coaching decisions as well as other in-game issues. He also is doing some volunteer high school coaching this fall in Green Bay.
The Packers' all-time leading rusher played last season in the UFL for his hometown Omaha Nighthawks. He said he hopes to sign a one-day contract with the Packers soon so he can retire as a member of the franchise.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Nebraska Cornhuskers #3 White Replica Football Jersey