Ahman Green joins Big Ten Network
The Big Ten Network has hired the 34-year-old Green as a sideline analyst for selected games this fall. His first assignment for BTN is Nebraska's Sept. 3 opener against Tennessee-Chattanooga.
Green said his role would be to offer his opinion on strategies and other coaching decisions as well as other in-game issues. He also is doing some volunteer high school coaching this fall in Green Bay.
The Packers' all-time leading rusher played last season in the UFL for his hometown Omaha Nighthawks. He said he hopes to sign a one-day contract with the Packers soon so he can retire as a member of the franchise.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sun Devils promote Norvell to deputy HC
- Lineman Pettway finalizes return to Alabama
- Jackson St. fires coach after 8-1 SWAC record
- Illinois O-coordinator Cubit gets extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Nebraska Cornhuskers #80 Scarlet Replica Football Jersey