Knile Davis leaves practice on cart
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas junior running back Knile Davis has gone down with an apparent leg injury during a scrimmage.
Davis led all Southeastern Conference running backs with 1,322 yards rushing last season, averaging 147 yards per game over the final seven games of the season. He was injured early in the scrimmage portion of the practice on Thursday and was carted off the field.
Arkansas offensive coordinator Garrick McGee said after practice that team policy is for only coach Bobby Petrino to discuss injuries. Petrino isn't scheduled to speak with the media until after Saturday's practice.
McGee then declined to answer several questions about Davis' injury, and Arkansas sports information employees monitored each player interview to make sure they weren't asked either.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- USC holds on in wild Holiday win over Huskers
- PSU edges BC in OT to claim Pinstripe Bowl
- S. Carolina claims Independence over Miami
- No. 15 Arizona St. beats Duke in Sun Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Black 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt