Mika'il McCall out for season
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa freshman running back Mika'il McCall will miss the rest of the season after breaking his ankle in Saturday's 34-7 win over Tennessee Tech.
McCall made his debut in the first quarter and rushed for a team-high 61 yards on nine carries before hurting his ankle.
McCall, the son of former heavyweight boxing champion Oliver McCall, is a 6-foot, 215-pound freshman from Dolton, Ill.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said after the game that McCall, who'd seemingly won the backup job behind starter Marcus Coker, had played very well and commended McCall for his attitude and spirit.
McCall likely will apply for a redshirt so he won't use up a year of eligibility.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Marshall out of media days after pot citation
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Iowa Hawkeyes 'Quick Toss' Softee Football