Mississippi State's Fletcher Cox to start
AUBURN, Ala. -- Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox will start Saturday against Auburn, university officials confirmed to ESPN.com.
The junior was one of five players suspended for the Bulldogs' opener against Memphis for "varying violations of team policies."
Without Cox in last week's lineup against Memphis, the Bulldogs' defense allowed 164 rushing yards. Mississippi State, ranked No. 16 this week, beat Memphis 59-14.
Cox, a second-team preseason All-SEC selection, started 11 of 12 games last season and recorded 29 tackles, including 6½ for loss, had 2½ sacks and four quarterback hurries. He also blocked a pair of kicks.
Edward Aschoff covers the SEC for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers Blue BCS Championship Bowl Bound Invested T-Shirt