LB Travis Lewis misses practice
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops reiterated on Monday that he'll be ready to go against the Tigers, but he wanted Lewis to get some rest early in the week.
Lewis suffered a broken bone in his foot on August 9, and was expected to miss six to eight weeks, but returned last Saturday in Oklahoma's game against Florida State in Tallahassee.
Lewis is tied for the team lead in tackles, with eight, and had a tackle for loss with a pass breakup. The senior has led the team in tackles for each of the past three seasons.
His status for practice later in the week will be day-to-day.
David Ubben covers the Big 12 for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Oklahoma Sooners Crimson Sugar Bowl Bound Pique Xtra-Lite Polo