Oklahoma suspends WR Trey Franks
NORMAN, Okla. -- Starting wide receiver Trey Franks was suspended indefinitely by No. 1 Oklahoma on Tuesday for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Coach Bob Stoops announced the suspension for Franks, who is the team's third-leading receiver with seven catches for 74 yards this season. He's also one of the Sooners' kickoff returners.
Co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell said after practice that Jaz Reynolds, Dejuan Miller and Kameel Jackson could see additional playing time while Franks is out. Justin McCay from the scout team also practiced with the varsity squad in Franks' absence.
Oklahoma (2-0) hosts Missouri (2-1) on Saturday night in the Big 12 opener for both teams.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Coaches Performance Black Polo