MAC: No way to award Toledo victory
TOLEDO, Ohio -- The head of the Mid-American Conference says there's no way to take away Syracuse's overtime win over Toledo despite a blown call on an extra point.
Mid-American commissioner Jon Steinbrecher said Monday that NCAA rules say there's no route to reverse the outcome once the game is declared over.
Toledo athletic director Mike O'Brien asked the Mid-American Conference to call for the Big East Conference to give Toledo the victory after a Big East official admitted that replay officials made a mistake in the Orange's 33-30 victory Saturday.
Video shows that Syracuse missed a late extra point but the officials ruled it good. Replay officials allowed it to stand.
Toledo then kicked a tying field goal to force overtime, but the Orange came back with a field goal to win.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
- Carter latest TCU player arrested for drugs
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Syracuse Orange Blue #44 Football Game Jersey