Coach OK with Robert Marve tweet
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Purdue football coach Danny Hope says he had no issue with a critical tweet from quarterback Robert Marve.
Marve stepped in for starter Caleb TerBush in the second quarter of Purdue's 38-10 loss to Notre Dame on Saturday. Hope said after the game that TerBush had a better command of the offense, and Marve played outside the system at times when he didn't need to.
On his Twitter account, Marve wrote: "Don't understand how I was not playing in the system! It was rough from the get go, don't understand how that was on me."
Hope said he understood Marve's concern and the only negative issue was the response by the fans and the media.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
- Carter latest TCU player arrested for drugs
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Purdue Boilermakers Black #8 Football Game Jersey