Deferred sentence for Damaris Johnson
Tulsa County Assistant District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said Johnson was sentenced Wednesday and was ordered to pay a $500 fine and perform 80 hours of community service.
Prosecutors said Johnson's girlfriend charged him less than $14 for $2,610 worth of merchandise at the Tulsa department store where she worked.
Tulsa coach Bill Blankenship suspended Johnson indefinitely in August.
Johnson is also the NCAA's career record-holder with 3,417 kickoff return yards. Last season, he had 872 yards receiving, 560 rushing, 904 yards on kickoff returns and scored 13 touchdowns for the Golden Hurricane.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet