Desmond Brown dismissed from Tigers
No. 11 Clemson has dismissed freshman safety Desmond Brown, coach Dabo Swinney announced Wednesday.
"Desmond Brown has been permanently dismissed from the Clemson football team for a violation of team rules," Swinney said in a statement. "He will remain in school through the end of the semester and then transfer to another institution."
Brown redshirted in 2010 and played on special teams in all nine of Clemson's games this season.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Clemson Tigers Orange #10 Football Game Jersey