Clemson's Sammy Watkins leaves game
CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson star receiver Sammy Watkins has left Saturday's game against Wake Forest because of an upper-body injury he sustained in the third quarter.
Watkins was slow to get up after a kickoff return and went to the locker room for examination before it was announced he would not return for the ninth-ranked Tigers.
Watkins came into the game leading the Atlantic Coast Conference in passing yards and touchdowns. He had five catches against the Demon Deacons for 62 yards.
Watkins is a freshman from Fort Myers, Fla. He has 68 receptions this season for 1,034 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
- Tempe game changes name to Cactus Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Clemson Tigers Orange Football Practice Legend T-Shirt