Knile Davis not yet ready to return
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino says running back Knile Davis will not play this weekend when the No. 6 Razorbacks host Mississippi State.
Offensive coordinator Garrick McGee said Tuesday that Davis, who suffered what was described as a season-ending ankle injury in August, was practicing. Running backs coach Tim Horton said Davis was close to being ready to play.
Petrino says Davis has been practicing for "around three weeks" but hasn't been cleared to play. He says Davis still needs to have some "hardware" removed from his surgically repaired ankle
Davis rushed for 1,322 yards and 13 touchdowns last season for Arkansas (9-1, 5-1 Southeastern Conference), who hosts the Bulldogs (5-5, 1-5) in Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium on Saturday.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
- Huskies investigate alleged recruiting violations
- Florida, Michigan to kick off '17 in Arlington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Speed Legend Cardinal Long Sleeve Performance Shirt