Nick Montana to start for Washington
SEATTLE -- Washington coach Steve Sarkisian says redshirt freshman Nick Montana will make his first career start on Saturday when the Huskies play at Oregon State.
Sarkisian announced on his Twitter feed Thursday afternoon that Montana -- the son of Hall of Fame QB Joe Montana -- would start against the Beavers while starter Keith Price rests from a knee injury aggravated in last week's loss at USC. Sarkisian said after practice on Wednesday night that he wouldn't publicly announce the starter, but would let the team know.
Montana was 9 of 15 for 73 yards and threw a 20-yard touchdown pass to Kasen Williams in relief of Price last week against the Trojans. For the season, Montana is 13 of 20 for 147 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Northwest Missouri St. wins fourth D-II title
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Huskies Coaches Performance White Polo