Marcus Grant, Dan Heiar leaving Iowa
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa receiver Marcus Grant and offensive lineman Dan Heiar are leaving the football program.
Coach Kirk Ferentz announced the departures Friday.
Ferentz says Grant has decided to transfer to a school closer to his hometown of North Carver, Mass. The freshman appeared in a handful of games this season for the Hawkeyes.
Ferentz says Heiar, also in his first year at Iowa, is leaving school "to pursue other interests."
Heiar joined the Hawkeyes in the spring after transferring from Iowa Western Community College. He was charged with operating while intoxicated in an April crash.
Court records show he pleaded guilty and was given a suspended jail sentence.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Iowa Hawkeyes Game Time Full-Size Football