Russell Wilson sets touchdown record
INDIANAPOLIS -- Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson broke former Texas Tech star Graham Harrell's NCAA record for most consecutive games with a touchdown pass on Saturday.
Wilson's 3-yard touchdown pass to Jeff Duckworth in the first quarter of the Big Ten championship game against Michigan State increased Wilson's streak to 37 consecutive games. It began while he was playing for North Carolina State.
The touchdown reception was the first of Duckworth's career and it gave the Badgers a 7-0 lead.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Report: BC, Irish discussing Fenway game
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Wisconsin Badgers Game Time Full-Size Football