Ryan Katz transferring to San Diego St.
Katz had great success at Oregon State in 2010 before losing his stating job this past season. He will be eligible to play immediately for San Diego State coach Rocky Long and quarterbacks coach Andy Ludwig.
The Aztecs went 8-5 overall and 4-3 in the Mountain West last season. They played in the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, losing 32-30 to Louisiana-Lafayette on a 50-yard field goal on the game's final play.
"It's a great opportunity to come in and play, close to home," said Katz, who is from Santa Monica. "Coach Long and Coach Ludwig are great coaches. I want to help them win ball games next year."
Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Oregon State Beavers Junior-Sized Tailgater Football