Source: Nick Montana to California JC
Mt. San Antonio is a two-year community college in Walnut, in east suburban Los Angeles. The school's football team lost the 2011 state community college championship game.
Montana was granted his transfer release earlier this month. He redshirted at Washington in 2010 and appeared in six games in 2011, starting one. He completed 24 of 42 passes for 226 yards and three touchdowns and was intercepted twice.
Montana landed at Washington with much fanfare as one of the jewels in coach Steve Sarkisian's second recruiting class. But Montana was beaten out for the starting role by Keith Price last spring and Price threw for a school record 33 touchdowns this season.
Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Washington Huskies Signature Series Full-Size Football