Report: Greg Schiano owes Rutgers
Schiano owes Rutgers a $500,000 contract buyout, in addition to $300,000 remaining on a home loan arranged in his most recent contract, school athletics spokesman Jason Baum said, according to the report.
The $800,000 home loan was forgiven at a rate of $100,000 for every year Schiano stayed with the team.
Rutgers paid Schiano about $2.3 million per year on a contract running through 2016, in addition to performance and academic performance bonuses and a side deal that paid him $250,000 through a sports marketing firm.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Rutgers Scarlet Knights Coaches Performance Scarlet Polo