Report: Greg Schiano owes Rutgers
Schiano owes Rutgers a $500,000 contract buyout, in addition to $300,000 remaining on a home loan arranged in his most recent contract, school athletics spokesman Jason Baum said, according to the report.
The $800,000 home loan was forgiven at a rate of $100,000 for every year Schiano stayed with the team.
Rutgers paid Schiano about $2.3 million per year on a contract running through 2016, in addition to performance and academic performance bonuses and a side deal that paid him $250,000 through a sports marketing firm.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
- Source: NC State-WVU series set for 2018-19
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Tampa Bay Buccaneers Clear Game Day Pouch