Report: Greg Schiano owes Rutgers
Schiano owes Rutgers a $500,000 contract buyout, in addition to $300,000 remaining on a home loan arranged in his most recent contract, school athletics spokesman Jason Baum said, according to the report.
The $800,000 home loan was forgiven at a rate of $100,000 for every year Schiano stayed with the team.
Rutgers paid Schiano about $2.3 million per year on a contract running through 2016, in addition to performance and academic performance bonuses and a side deal that paid him $250,000 through a sports marketing firm.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former TCU star Fields commits to Louisville
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey - Tampa Bay Buccaneers Doug Martin #22