C.J. Mizell booted from team
PULLMAN, Wash. -- Washington State starting linebacker C.J. Mizell has been kicked off the team after he was arrested this weekend in connection with a fight at a fraternity house.
Coach Mike Leach said Tuesday that Mizell was no longer on the team because of a violation of team policy.
Pullman police say Mizell was arrested Sunday on misdemeanor charges of assault and trespassing. Police say Mizell tried to enter a party at the Delta Tau Delta fraternity house on Saturday night.
When he was denied entry, police say Mizell punched one of the members and fled.
A native of Tallahassee, Fla., Mizell started nine games at linebacker last season, recording 56 tackles and three sacks. Mizell had previous discipline problems at WSU.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- UConn hires ND coordinator Diaco as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Washington State Cougars Game Time Full-Size Football