Marcus Vick sentenced to jail
Marcus Vick, a former football star at Virginia Tech, was sentenced Thursday. The charge stems from his failure to appear at two court dates for a charge of driving on a suspended license.
Jail spokeswoman Kathleen Carey says Vick was to report to jail Monday but hadn't showed up by midday Tuesday.
Police charged Vick in January 2010 with driving on a suspended license, his second such offense. Court records show he failed to show up for two court dates in 2010. He was in court last August to answer to the driving charges as well as two counts of failure to appear.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick #7