Three Colo. St. players suspended
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- Three Colorado State University football players have been suspended as police investigate an assault near the campus that injured four people, two of them seriously.
Fort Collins Police said Monday no one has been arrested. Police declined to say whether the suspended football players have been interviewed, citing the ongoing investigation.
Colorado State identified the suspended players as Nordly Capi, Colton Paulhus and Mike Orakpo. A message left at a phone listing for Capi wasn't immediately returned. No listings could be found for Paulhus or Orakpo.
Some of the victims told the Fort Collins Coloradoan they were attacked by fellow students and Colorado State football players.
Police say seven males in a sport utility vehicle confronted the victims as they were walking. Five of them allegedly got out and assaulted the four victims.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- Top WR picks Auburn over USC, Tide, OSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Colorado State Rams Green Football Tech Performance T-Shirt