Cops: UF student jumps to his death
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A University of Florida student died Sunday night after police said he jumped from the upper level of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
University of Florida Police Department spokesman Major Brad Barber said the student, identified as 26-year-old Michael Richard Edmonds, Jr., died at the scene. Police don't suspect foul play but are continuing to investigate, Barber said.
According to a UFPD release, police were notified just after 7 p.m. that a person was receiving emergency medical assistance in the vicinity of the stadium. Upon arriving, the officers were told Edmonds jumped from northwest corner of the stadium.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
- Huskies investigate alleged recruiting violations
- Florida, Michigan to kick off '17 in Arlington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Youth Florida Gators Black Storm T-Shirt