Arkansas' Tyler Gilbert charged
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas backup linebacker Tyler Gilbert has been arrested and charged with aggravated residential burglary and theft of property for his role in an apartment break-in.
Fayetteville police arrested Gilbert on Tuesday morning and booked him into the Washington County Detention Center. A court date is scheduled for Friday.
Arkansas assistant head coach Taver Johnson said through spokesman Zack Higbee that Gilbert has been suspended indefinitely for last Friday's incident.
A police report says that Gilbert and Arkansas students Jesse Booker and Ryan Graves kicked in the front door of the apartment of Mbato Nkwocha and took items from Nkwocha's room. The report valued the stolen property at $285.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks Tailgater Junior-Size Football