Phillip Warren kicked off Marshall
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Marshall football coach Doc Holliday has dismissed defensive back Phillip Warren and plans to discipline three other players following their weekend arrests outside a Huntington bar.
Holliday said Tuesday that Warren has been kicked off the team for an unspecified violation of team rules and policies.
A criminal complaint accuses Warren of striking a police officer who was assisting patrons out of a bar early Sunday.
Warren is charged with battery on police, disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer.
A Cabell County Magistrate Court clerk said she had no information Tuesday on court dates for the players.
Warren started one game last season and compiled 26 tackles.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Marshall Thundering Herd Football Black T-Shirt