Military Bowl to feature Army
WASHINGTON -- This year's Military Bowl will be held Dec. 27 and is set to feature Army against a team from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The bowl committee announced the plans Wednesday for the game held annually at RFK Stadium in the nation's capital.
Army would be the third service academy to play in the game, following Navy in 2008 and Air Force in 2011.
The bowl will seek out other teams if Army isn't bowl eligible and if the ACC doesn't have enough eligible teams to send a representative to Washington.
Toledo defeated Air Force 42-41 in last year's game.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- N'western players set for historic union vote
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Plan would give big conferences more say
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Air Force Falcons Hail Mary Youth-Size Football