Montee Ball given $429 ticket
MADISON, Wis. -- Madison police say Wisconsin running back Montee Ball has been ticketed for trespassing during the annual Mifflin Street block party.
Police spokesman Joel DeSpain says Ball was on the porch of a home on Saturday and a resident didn't want him there.
A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel report says several Mifflin Street residents have posted no-trespassing signs this year, allowing police to issue tickets if unwanted people are on the property.
DeSpain says Ball was cooperative, and alcohol wasn't an issue. The junior was given a $429 ticket.
Justin Doherty, the school's associate athletic director, says coach Bret Bielema will likely have a conversation with his star running back over the incident.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Wisconsin Badgers White Sideline Coaches Polo