Mack Brown: Three face discipline
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas coach Mack Brown says three football players cited for allegedly refusing to leave an Austin restaurant after a bar incident will face tough discipline within the team.
Safety Kenny Vaccaro, defensive end Alex Okafor and tight end Barrett Matthews, all seniors next season, were cited by police early Monday for failure to obey a lawful order, a misdemeanor punishable by a $500 fine.
Speaking at a charity event Thursday night, Brown said the players learned a lesson about leaving when police tell them to. He did not say how they will be disciplined.
According to police, the players were denied entrance to a bar, then went to a pizza parlor. They refused to leave after a man complained that another person in their group threatened him.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Texas Longhorns Full-Size Autograph Football