Ty Detmer selected to College Hall
DALLAS -- Heisman Trophy winner and BYU star Ty Detmer has been selected to the College Football Hall of Fame.
The National Football Foundation announced on ESPN that Detmer will be part of a class of 14 former players and three former coaches who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame in December.
The rest of the class will be revealed Tuesday in New York and will be streamed live on ESPN3.
Detmer was one of the most prolific passers in college football history. He won the Heisman in 1990 as a junior and finished his career with 15,031 yards passing and 121 touchdown passes, both NCAA records at the time.
He's the sixth BYU player, and fifth Cougars quarterback, to make the Hall of Fame.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Adidas inks Louisville to $40M deal
- Veteran Dierdorf back in booth at Michigan
- Watchdog group targets Swinney, Clemson
- Cozart is Weis' choice as Kansas' starting QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue 'Royal, Strong and True' Fan T-Shirt