Corbin Berkstresser reinstated
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri backup quarterback Corbin Berkstresser has been reinstated to the team after charges in a traffic incident were reclassified as a misdemeanor.
Berkstresser, a redshirt freshman, is accused of hitting a parked vehicle and leaving the scene of the accident on May 15. No injuries were reported.
Berkstresser worked with the first team most of spring practice in place of starter James Franklin, who underwent shoulder surgery in March. Franklin is expected back by the fall.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sun Devils promote Norvell to deputy HC
- Source: Bowling Green hires EIU's Babers
- Lineman Pettway finalizes return to Alabama
- Jackson St. fires coach after 8-1 SWAC record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Missouri Tigers Gold Turf T-Shirt