Corbin Berkstresser reinstated
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri backup quarterback Corbin Berkstresser has been reinstated to the team after charges in a traffic incident were reclassified as a misdemeanor.
Berkstresser, a redshirt freshman, is accused of hitting a parked vehicle and leaving the scene of the accident on May 15. No injuries were reported.
Berkstresser worked with the first team most of spring practice in place of starter James Franklin, who underwent shoulder surgery in March. Franklin is expected back by the fall.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Gold Coaches Performance Polo