Corbin Berkstresser reinstated
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri backup quarterback Corbin Berkstresser has been reinstated to the team after charges in a traffic incident were reclassified as a misdemeanor.
Berkstresser, a redshirt freshman, is accused of hitting a parked vehicle and leaving the scene of the accident on May 15. No injuries were reported.
Berkstresser worked with the first team most of spring practice in place of starter James Franklin, who underwent shoulder surgery in March. Franklin is expected back by the fall.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Gold Coaches Performance Polo