Jason Peacock given 10 days in jail
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas offensive lineman Jason Peacock has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor theft charge and been sentenced to 10 days in jail.
Prosecutors say Peacock entered the plea Monday in Washington County Circuit Court, where he also was sentenced to a year of supervised probation.
Peacock was arrested March 16 on a felony theft charge for allegedly taking a fellow student's debit card and using it to buy $35 worth of gas.
Then-coach Bobby Petrino suspended the 6-4, 305-pound senior indefinitely. But Peacock was reinstated prior to Petrino's firing. Peacock was listed as a first-team lineman on the spring depth chart.
Peacock's lawyer and the university didn't immediately return phone messages seeking comment.
Prosecutors say Peacock is to report to jail within 30 days.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
- ACC to review 8-game schedule at meeting
- Miami, Louisville mascots trade Twitter barbs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Grey Coaches Performance Polo