Jay Prosch won't have to sit season
While most transfer students have to sit a year, the NCAA cleared Prosch's waiver since he changed schools to be closer to his sick mother, Iris, who is battling cancer.
"I'm extremely blessed and very thankful to have my waiver cleared by the NCAA," Prosch said, according to the Birmingham News. "I'm excited and can't wait for my mother and family to be able to see me play this fall."
Prosch enrolled at Auburn in January and took part in spring practice.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Women's Auburn Tigers Orange Charged Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt