Jay Prosch won't have to sit season
While most transfer students have to sit a year, the NCAA cleared Prosch's waiver since he changed schools to be closer to his sick mother, Iris, who is battling cancer.
"I'm extremely blessed and very thankful to have my waiver cleared by the NCAA," Prosch said, according to the Birmingham News. "I'm excited and can't wait for my mother and family to be able to see me play this fall."
Prosch enrolled at Auburn in January and took part in spring practice.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Florida St. lands Elite 11 QB recruit Francois
- Ex-Heisman winner Lujack OK after surgery
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers Navy Sec Champions Tiger Football Long Sleeve T-shirt