Darrin Moore suspended after DWI
Athletic department spokesman Blayne Beal confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday reports of Moore's suspension.
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reports police reports show Moore was arrested April 13 after a Lubbock police officer observed him driving erratically. He remains free on $1,000 bond.
The newspaper reports repeated calls to Moore's attorney, Jill Stangl, weren't returned Tuesday. An email to Stangl from the AP also drew no immediate response.
Moore, a senior, caught 47 passes for 571 yards and eight touchdowns in nine games for the Red Raiders last season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Texas Tech Red Raiders Signature Series Full-Size Football