3 arrested Razorbacks won't play
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach John L. Smith says three players arrested in May for burglary will not be a part of the team this season.
Receivers Marquel Wade and Maudrecus Humphrey, and tight end Andrew Peterson were arrested May 12 and charged with felony residential burglary. According to arrest reports, the three are accused of stealing textbooks, DVDs, laptops and more than $4,800 in cash from a university dormitory.
All have an Aug. 27 trial date.
Smith confirmed Thursday the three won't return this season, though he did leave open the possibility they could be back next year.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
- Baylor WR Reese to return for Fiesta Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks 'Quick Toss' Softee Football