5 key players off Air Force roster
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. -- Five key players at Air Force have been removed from the team, coach Troy Calhoun said Friday when training camp opened.
Calhoun said the five hadn't been suspended, but he wouldn't elaborate on why they weren't on the roster or whether they'd be able to return this season. He said they were still enrolled at the academy.
Calhoun said another player, safety Jay Fullam, would miss the season with a shoulder injury.
The Falcons are already replacing 17 starters who were seniors last year, but QB Connor Dietz told the Colorado Springs Gazette that even with the additional departures, "depth isn't a concern."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Air Force Falcons Hail Mary Youth-Size Football