5 key players off Air Force roster
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. -- Five key players at Air Force have been removed from the team, coach Troy Calhoun said Friday when training camp opened.
Calhoun said the five hadn't been suspended, but he wouldn't elaborate on why they weren't on the roster or whether they'd be able to return this season. He said they were still enrolled at the academy.
Calhoun said another player, safety Jay Fullam, would miss the season with a shoulder injury.
The Falcons are already replacing 17 starters who were seniors last year, but QB Connor Dietz told the Colorado Springs Gazette that even with the additional departures, "depth isn't a concern."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Air Force Falcons Blue #1 Football Game Jersey