Treatment continues for Duke WR
Holliday has been hospitalized since he suffered head injuries in a July 4 boating accident on a central North Carolina lake. The school said Saturday that he will be admitted to the acquired brain injury unit at the Shepherd Center.
Duke updated Holliday's status in an announcement about the creation of a trust endowment in the receiver's name.
Holliday's mother Leslie says her son has exchanged fist-bumps with teammates, nodded when asked questions and smiled when hearing his father's voice over the phone.
Blair Holliday was hurt when he and a teammate were riding jet skis on Lake Tillery and collided.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Baylor WR Reese to return for Fiesta Bowl
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
- Source: OU's Nelson awaits review for 5th year
- Florida, Michigan to kick off '17 in Arlington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Duke Blue Devils Full-Size Autograph Football