QB Tanner McEvoy to transfer
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina quarterback Tanner McEvoy has decided to transfer, less than two weeks after his arrest in North Carolina.
Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier announced McEvoy's decision Tuesday. McEvoy, a redshirt freshman, was not at South Carolina's practice earlier Tuesday.
The 19-year-old McEvoy was arrested July 30 and charged with speeding and driving after consuming alcohol while under 21. The state of North Carolina does not allow a driver who's younger than 21 to have any alcohol in their system. McEvoy posted a $250 bond for the two misdemeanor charges and was released.
McEvoy, from Hillside, N.J., was listed as the fourth-team quarterback coming into fall camp.
Spurrier wished McEvoy well as he continued his college career elsewhere.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks Grey On-Field Football NuTech Performance T-Shirt