Anthony Fera has groin injury
Texas athletic trainer Kenny Boyd said Friday that Fera reported to training camp with a groin strain that he recently aggravated. Boyd says there is no timetable set for Fera to return to practice.
Texas must find a starting kicker and punter this season.
Fera was one of the top specialists in the Big Ten last season, making 14 of 17 field-goal attempts and averaging 42 yards on punts.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Penn State Nittany Lions Blue #28 Football Game Jersey