Anthony Fera has groin injury
Texas athletic trainer Kenny Boyd said Friday that Fera reported to training camp with a groin strain that he recently aggravated. Boyd says there is no timetable set for Fera to return to practice.
Texas must find a starting kicker and punter this season.
Fera was one of the top specialists in the Big Ten last season, making 14 of 17 field-goal attempts and averaging 42 yards on punts.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Auburn to bench QB Marshall to start Week 1
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Alabama suspends 3 for violation of rules
- Report: Nike asked about Fisher's son's shirt
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Penn State Nittany Lions 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt