Michaelee Harris out for season
Coach Charlie Strong said Harris was injured in practice Thursday.
Harris tore his right ACL in December and had been attempting to fully recover in time for the season opener against Kentucky on Sept. 2. The sophomore from Miami was the team's second-leading receiver last season with 37 catches for 455 yards and two touchdowns.
A favorite target for high school teammate and current Cardinals quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, Harris had been expected to be one of Louisville's starting receivers. It is his fourth knee injury while at Louisville.
Strong says Harris "provides so much energy to the team."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
- Source: NC State-WVU series set for 2018-19
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Redzone Evade Cardinal Red Football T-Shirt