Tyler Moore leaves Cornhuskers
Pelini said Saturday that Moore, who hasn't practiced since Thursday, would be welcome to return.
Moore last year became the first Nebraska freshman to start on the offensive line in a season opener. He started the first four games at right tackle and appeared in nine games.
The sophomore from Clearwater, Fla., was the projected starter at left tackle this season.
Pelini declined to elaborate on the circumstances surrounding Moore's departure.
Messages were left for Brian Moore, Tyler's father.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Nebraska Cornhuskers White Sideline Coaches Polo