Tyler Moore leaves Cornhuskers
Pelini said Saturday that Moore, who hasn't practiced since Thursday, would be welcome to return.
Moore last year became the first Nebraska freshman to start on the offensive line in a season opener. He started the first four games at right tackle and appeared in nine games.
The sophomore from Clearwater, Fla., was the projected starter at left tackle this season.
Pelini declined to elaborate on the circumstances surrounding Moore's departure.
Messages were left for Brian Moore, Tyler's father.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
- Alcohol sales not planned at Michigan Stadium
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell Nebraska Cornhuskers Speed Revolution Authentic Full-Size Football Helmet